The Community Legacy Fund
The Community Legacy Fund is comprised of contributions to the Foundation to help fund the community’s needs. Grants are awarded from the Community Legacy Fund to community agencies after review and evaluation by the Foundation’s Grants Committee and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Community Legacy Fund awards grants which will enhance and maintain the quality of Jewish life in the Greater Kansas City area, and respond to emergency need in Jewish communities around the world.
Community Legacy Fund Objectives:
In an effort to have the greatest impact upon the Jewish community, the Community Legacy Fund maintains the following objectives:
- To provide financial support for safety net services
- To nurture a strong Jewish community by providing underwriting for Jewish education, community relations, and cultural arts
- To provide financial support for seed programs which meet an identified community need
- To purchase equipment which enhances an organization’s general operations or programs
- When appropriate, to provide core support for Jewish community agencies
To make a gift to the Community Legacy Fund, contact Josh Stein at (913) 327-8121.
Recent Community Legacy Fund Grants: December 2016 - $71,550
- Coterie Theatre: Hana's Suitcase
- Epsten Gallery Foundation: Art Therapy Program
- Hillel at the University of Missouri: Jewish Identity & Engagement Initiative
- Jewish Community Center: Jewish Culture Fest
- Jewish Community Foundation: J-LEAD Incentive Grants
- Jewish Family Services: Help at Home
- Jewish Family Services: JET Express
- Kehilath Israel Synagogue: Community Mikvah Facilities
- Midwest NSCY and JSU: Shabbat Shabang
- Rabbinical Association: Community Passover Program
- Rabbinical Association: Day of Discovery
- Special Grant: JFNA Israel Fire Emergency Relief